Our Trainers can custom design their materials for your particular situation whether it’s showing administrators how best to implement Self-Determination in your county or state or teaching direct care staff how to implement and maintain individual budgets.
List of potential training topics
- The History of Self-Determination (Self-Determination as a Civil Rights Movement)
- The roles, responsibilities, reimbursement, and oversight of Fiscal Intermediaries, Independent Support Brokers, Independent Plan Facilitators, and Agencies With Choice.
- Income Generation for All (focus on Employment Initiatives)
- Succesful School Transitions (Youth in Transition)
- “Community First” Planning
- Alternatives to Day Programs/Sheltered Workshops
- The Value of Community (Promoting Volunteerism, Taking Classes, Joining Social Clubs)
- How to Become a Person-Centered Agency – Practical Steps That Help Advance System Transformation
- Building and Mantaining a Diverse and Robust Network of Providers in a Self-Determination Model of Support
- A Collaborative Approach to Teaching Budget Authority and Employer of Record Responsibilities
- The Utilization of Peers in a Self-Determination Model of Support
- 35425 Michigan Ave. W.
- Wayne, MI 48184
- (734) 722-7092
- (734) 467-7639
Contact us Today
The Center staff are available to answer questions and provide insight and information to help you. If we can’t answer your questions, we will connect you with someone who can.